Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Kedl's Merida Apartment

Friends have asked to see what our apartment looks like. Actually, as much as anything, it reminds me of our Chinese apartment in Kunming, although it has clean tile floors, a stainless (stained) steel sink, and a good shower. The bed is as hard as the tile floor and the whole place is as barren as a cheap motel. However, we have an air-conditioner in our bedroom, which we don't use and ceiling fans in the bedroom and kitchen/dining room/living room which we do use. The apartment's appeal is that it does have furniture and it's in Centro and close to all the museums and activities in the various parks.


I hope to get connected to the internet in the apartment next week sometime and then the pictures should come more regularly. Today, I have discovered that if I come out on the laundry patio and sit under the clothes lines near my neighbor's window, I can pick up the signal from her apartment. I do wish I could do this from inside our apartment, but the walls on these old buildings are very thick and the signals will not penetrate.


Now that you know what we are up to, we'd love to hear from you. I'm never sure if anyone, but family is out there looking.