Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Change of Pace

A friend takes exceptionally fine pictures of feet and I admire them, but I've not tried to do this--until now. The other day I sat in the park with the camera pointed at the ground and snapped. It's another aspect of Merida for you to contemplate.









Below are Canadian tourist feet. I am sure they belong to a Canadian because they always wear sensible sandals with white socks. Swedes wear sensible sandals, but mostly without the socks. Estadounidenses (Americans) wear just about anything on their feet and they are probably the only people around who might be barefoot. The guy might be German, but I still think he's Canadian, because a German would probably have dark socks. The shorts make it a giveaway that the person is a tourist. Mexicans wouldn't be caught dead at the Plaza Principal with shorts on. They might wear them to wash the car or take a bicycle ride, but very few other times.

I suspect the lady below is a nun, but she wasn't in a full habit. She might be a librarian--at least I like the way she dresses and I used to be a librarian.


Even looking only at the lower extremities this couple is obviously married.



Business feet--note the briefcase.





The feet below are Kent's. He has finally bought a new pair of shoes and they are quite elegant loafers, but I can't get him loose from his old boating shoes.