Monday, February 4, 2008

Walking in Merida in February

Andy is here and we intend dragging him around, showing him Merida. Actually, Andy visited here before we ever did, but he was sick much of his time and so he doesn't know the city as well as he'd like.





I'm not sure whether they are locating the electrical system or they are replacing it. Construction is often quite straight-forward, but not necessarily forward looking.


The next two pictures are from the inside of the state government building on Plaza Principal. The wooden doors are magnificent. The murals, not by Diego Rivera, are very nice as well, but they are nearly impossible to photograph and thus are not included in this blog.





The following picture demonstrates why I need a long lens. I don't know whether this is a private patio or one connected to an hotel, but the guy looks like a comfortable gringo. At first I thought he was an inflatable dummy. It wasn't until I got home at downloaded the picture to the computer that I discovered he was real. It was a long way away.

It's hot again. Siesta is welcome after a walk.